Warburton Capital continues to monitor the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our business operations.
For several years now, we have had an all-purpose Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in place that we update and review together annually with the help of an outside consultant. Each colleague is required to keep a copy of the plan, in paper form, in a safe location at home in case we need to implement it. Over a week ago, our team met to create a Coronavirus Contingency Plan; this plan acts as a supplement to our existing BCP.
Before explaining our own precautions, please know that our partners at TD Ameritrade and Dimensional Fund Advisors have carefully considered their own Business Continuity Policies. Please find TD Ameritrade’s Business Continuity Plan by CLICKING HERE, and Dimensional’s by CLICKING HERE.
Permit me to review what we will be doing on a daily basis to protect each other during the spread of this virus:
- We will not be scheduling business-related travel at this time.
- If any colleague has a fever, they are required to stay home from work.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, colleagues are asked to please use hand sanitizer or wash their hands before eating a meal. Colleagues are asked to please wash your hands vigorously and for at least 20 seconds or longer.
- It is recommended that colleagues “fist-bump,” “elbow bump,” or “wave” to clients and guests instead of shaking their hands.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, colleagues are encouraged to not touch their face throughout the day and to cover any cough or sneeze entirely.
- We have purchased a digital thermometer that we house in our breakroom. Colleagues are encouraged to use it if they would like to check themselves for a fever. Colleagues with a fever must report it to the Chief Compliance Officer and leave work immediately.
- We are wiping door handles, conference tables, keyboards, and other common surfaces with Lysol or Clorox Wipes daily.
If any of the following triggers happen, our contingency plan will be implemented:
- If the Tulsa Health Department or other Public Health Officials (such as the Center for Disease Control) are advising Tulsans to stay home.
- THD information regarding this Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found here: CLICK HERE.
- If any colleague tests positive for Coronavirus.
- Here is a resource for what you should do if you test positive: CLICK HERE.
- If any of our family members tests positive for Coronavirus.
- If we know that we have been exposed to Coronavirus.
- If, independent of the factors above, we decide that it would be prudent (such as if Public Schools close).
Once triggered, our official contingency plan is as follows:
- Business Continuity Plan is implemented.
- We will cease having in-person client meetings.
- Client meetings will be scheduled or re-scheduled via Go-To-Meeting (web) or phone.
- We will work from home.
- From the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, we will pay careful attention to client accounts and the market through TDA Veo, Junxure, Orion and our Email.
- We will answer the office phone remotely through the Vonage App on our cell phones.
- We will utilize Remote-In capabilities where we can access work computers from home.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Isaac Hutchins, Chief Compliance Officer, or myself.
Jonathan Hall, CFP®
Managing Principal, Director
Warburton Capital Management
918 794 3000 office | 918 520 6497 mobile
15 East Fifth Street, Suite 3675, Tulsa, OK 74103